RAP Workshop Series
Are you a Small Not-For-Profit on the Central Coast?
Are you looking to develop a Reconciliation Action Plan?
Blakworks is looking for just 8 organisations to participate in a series of workshops (along with coaching and support) designed to help small not-for-profits develop a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
- Are you a small (less than 80 staff) not-for-profit organisation?
- Are you operating on the Central Coast?
- Do you need or want to develop a RAP?
- Do you want to do more than just tick a box?
- Are you committed to improving your services for Aboriginal people and communities?
- Would you like guidance in making your RAP work for you and your local Aboriginal communities?
At the end of the RAP Workshop Series, you will:
- Be clear about what you want to achieve and how to measure your progress
- Have a plan to build a workplace that respects, welcomes, and supports Aboriginal people
- Know how to improve service delivery for Aboriginal communities
- Have a plan to build a good reputation in your local Aboriginal community
- Have a RAP ready to submit to Reconciliation Australia (RA) for endorsement
I bring my 20+ years’ experience with Aboriginal employment and RAPs. You bring your knowledge of your staff, clients, workplace, and community.
I take you through the fundamentals of what works, models you can apply, questions you need to ask. Together we work out what will work for your organisation and we build your RAP. We also make a plan for implementing it over the next 12 months. Then you implement it.
- Three Workshops - 3 group workshops over 3 months. Workshops operate under an accountability, learning and sharing framework.
- One Strategy Session - one-on-one session for your organisation so you can get the most out of your RAP and the Workshops. Scheduled between Workshop 1 and Workshop 2.
- Three Coaching Q&A Calls - 3x 45-minute scheduled Q&A coaching calls for a little extra support
- Plus Extra Support – an extra coaching session after the RAP Workshop Series for a little extra support to get through RA's endorsement process (if needed).
Workshop 1 - Thursday 23 August
Strategy Session - Between Workshop 1 and Workshop 2
Workshop 2 - Thursday 20 September
Workshop 3 - Thursday 18 October
Wednesday 15 August
I am also running a public Aboriginal Cultural Awareness for Workplaces separate to this RAP Workshop Series. While it is not necessary for RAP Workshops Series participants to attend, it would be beneficial. All organisations that are invited to attend the Workshop Series will receive 3 complimentary registrations to the Aboriginal Cultural Awareness for Workplaces on 15 August 2018. Click here to check out the details.
What does it Cost?
There is a cost for the RAP Workshop Series. Blakworks is using a tiered cost system. The cost to your organisation will depend on your turnover. More information will be available on cost after you submit your Expression of Interest. The more organisations I have in the program, the more affordable it will be for each one.
I’m interested…what’s next?
1. Expression of Interest before 5pm on Friday 10 August 2018
The next step is to complete your Expression of Interest (EOI).
The EOI will determine if you are eligible to participate. If you are eligible, you will receive an email asking you to book in for your RAP Audit.
You can complete the EOI by clicking here. It will take about 5 minutes.
2. RAP Audit
This is a 45-minute phone call designed to work out IF and HOW the RAP Workshop Series can help you. I will ask you a bunch of questions and it may feel a bit like a friendly interrogation. :)
If either you or I think the RAP Workshop Series won’t work for you, I will do my best to suggest your next steps, and we will part as friends.
If you and I both think the RAP Workshop Series will help, then the tables turn, and you get to ask all your questions about the RAP Workshop Series.
At the end of this call, you’ll be invited to register for the Workshops.
3. Invitation to the RAP Workshop Series
You will receive an email invitation to the Workshops.