The Fast Track
Foundations of Aboriginal employment
What is The Fast Track?
The Fast Track is a 13-week implementation program with Blakworks Employment Solutions designed to help employers:
- Build a workplace that respects, welcomes, and supports Aboriginal people
- Develop effective strategies to find and keep Aboriginal staff
It’s designed to build your organisation's capability in designing and implementing Aboriginal employment programs from human resources and marketing perspectives. Instead of Blakworks developing an Aboriginal employment strategy for you, we work together to make a unique strategy just for you.
I use my Aboriginal employment experience (20+ years' worth), and you bring your knowledge of your staff, clients, workplace, and community. I take you through the fundamentals of what works, models you can apply, questions you need to ask, and together we work out what will work for you.
Implementation is your responsibility, but I hold you accountable giving you guidance and feedback as you go. Some organisations also develop a Reconciliation Action Plan, but this is a choice not a necessity.
Over the 13 weeks I coach you (or 1-3 of your staff where necessary) to review what's already in place in your workplace, your existing retention, selection, and attraction strategies. We identify systems, structures and relationships that you need to build to make it easier for you to be, and be recognised as, an employer of choice for Aboriginal people.
five key areas
- VISIONING - What do you want to achieve with Aboriginal employment, how will it help your organisation?
- RETENTION - How will ensure your workplace is culturally-safe and a workplace where Aboriginal people can have success?
- SELECTION - How can we make small changes to your selection strategies and processes to make sure we are choosing the best candidates?
- ATTRACTION - How do we reach potential Aboriginal candidates?
- FUTURE - What will you do in the next 90 days to keep momentum within your organisation?
CLIENT STORY - Adssi homeliving AUstralia
Hear about adssi's experience with The Fast Track
Who is it for?
Firstly, The Fast Track is not for every employer in every situation. It takes commitment and focus to build the basics in just 3 months. For many employers the same thing might take 12 months or more, particularly if they do it by trial and error. The Fast Track is for employers who want to build an Aboriginal employment plan that contributes to their local communities and their business. If you are committed to Closing the Gap and building a strong Aboriginal workforce, and do it fast and get it right, this may be for you.
I don’t want to waste anyone’s time or money, so we need to make sure The Fast Track is the right thing for you right now. That’s why I have a process that will help us work out if the program is for you. It goes like this:
- Book your Aboriginal Employment Audit. This is a quick (10 minute) phone call with me. I'll ask a load of questions to get clear on where you are right now, what you want to achieve, and what you think is missing. The idea is to find out IF I can help you.
- If it's not a good fit, I'll be upfront and let you know right away. I will do my best to point you to the right place to get help with your next step in making Aboriginal employment work.
- If I think The Fast Track will help you, then we will organise a longer call to go through how it will help, and outline everything you need to know about how it works.
- There is absolutely no obligation.